The guardian reports today of a terrible tragedy in India where a substantial leak of styrene gas has caused the death of at least nine people with hundreds hospitalised as a result. Styrene is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen and when inhaled can cause severe gastrointestinal effects, respiratory problems and and epidermal irritation. In a factory surrounded by a large populous it is important to understand where the gas has dispersed to ensure the safety of first responders, workers and the general public alike. Events such as these highlight the importance of having suitable monitoring equipment to detect these leaks and then monitor the wider dispersal. To read the entire article click here. For further information on how Duvas Technologies can help with your monitoring needs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.